Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Background....

Kara has told us a little bit about her life in China. She looks at pictures and tells us those are her good friends etc. Finding out all we can is so helpful in understanding her.

Here are some of the things Kara has told us. I was also able to connect with someone that had knowledge of Kara's orphanage and met her and was able to give us some insight to her life over 6,000 miles away.

"The orphanage (she is in) is a great orphanage in my opinion. It's still an institution so it's no comparison to a family, but overall it's a good place with loving staff."

"I actually used the word "spunky" to describe her"

"This orphanage has a special needs school that allows local children whose families did not abandon them to attend."

"A firecracker is a great way to describe her!"

"I live with a mom, dad, brother and sister, I don't like my brother." (She lives in a group home type setting, and she calls these people her family, it is all she has ever known)

"I love my supervisor"

She told us she is in 1st grade in China.

She likes school -music, sports, Chinese, mathematics, art, poetry. 

Unfortunately a lot gets lost in translation, but I hope these little tid-bits of information touch your heart like they have mine.  


Today was such a good day!! Kara is bonding, she hugs me, wants me to hold her (which is a little more challenging being that she isn't that much smaller than me), haha. I made an extra effort to let her sit in my lap, tickle her, etc today.

She's learning (and finally wanting to learn)! Today she was counting and couldn't remember number 5 so she looked to me to help her. I jumped for joy inside, before this moment she didn't want to learn. I am including a video of her counting today. I am also including a lot of pictures from the last few days!
 Audrey and Kara goofing around.

Kara, Siri and Audrey ....still goofing around.
 Kara and Raya saying (yelling) "bye, bye" to one of the daycare kids leaving.
 Kara LOVES the babies!
 Kara showing Colton how to play mahjong tiles on the kindle.
 Kara feeding her baby some of her yogurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment