Friday, January 13, 2017

She's Gone.....

Kara headed back to China this morning. She had a connecting flight and won't arrive in Beijing for some time yet. She was excited to see her friends that spoke the same language!

We sent her home with a new backpack and a few extra clothing items, some markers, colored pencils, glow sticks for her friends at the orphanage, a gift for her caregivers, a photo album with photos from our adventures and of course a bunch of glasses that she can wear for fun!!

I know I sound like a broken record, but please, please keep sharing her story. I know her family is out there, perhaps viewing my blog, her pictures, maybe they can't get her out of their head.

One person can't change the world, but one person can change Kara's world.

I am going to keep updating the blog, I still have lots of pictures to share and stories to tell!!! I pray that I can update our blog soon with pictures of Kara's family that is working on getting her home forever.

If you want more information about adopting Kara please contact meredith@gwca.org

Here are some pictures from her departure and our overnight in Chicago.

 Me and Kara the night before she headed out from Chicago.
I had a hard time waking her up for her flight!
Parker, Kara & Ms Zhou (Chaperone). We had a small group leaving from Chicago, but they met up with many more friends at other airports. 


 Kara showing Parker her photo album.

 Kara & I - Rebecca & Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment